Ready Regimen: Marissa
Marissa can be found living in the Jersey suburbs with her husband, Robby, and their fur baby, Ollie G. When she's not talking about eating healthy, she's shopping for expensive handbags. You can follow her on Instagram for pictures of Ollie and her #ootd posts.
In constant pursuit of perfect-looking skin, I have always been on the lookout for what may be considered the "Holy Grail" of skincare products. I have tried a ton over the years. Normally, I’m quite hesitant to recommend something unless I’ve repeatedly test-driven it and feel strongly about it. For the last year, these products have finally helped me feel that I have achieved my version of "perfect” skin. If it’s something I wouldn’t want to be without and would repurchase time and time again, it makes the cut. The current must-haves in my medicine cabinet are the following items:
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads: I started using these pads at first to take my makeup off after a long day of work or after my daily workout, but loved them so much I use them to wash my face first thing in the morning. These pads are pre-moistened: one side is textured to exfoliate, and the other is smooth and lifts away any dirt, oil, or impurities. I found that they have yet to dry my skin, even during the harsh winter months.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer: As a person who will always try something once, I have tried every moisturizer on the face of the earth, from affordable moisturizers you find in drugstores to creams that go well into the price range that only the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills use. This Aveeno moisturizer, however, has given my skin new life. It has never made my skin feel oily or caused me any breakouts. The salicylic acid in the formula is sure to clear up blemishes and improve your complexion.
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate: My skin has come to love face oils. Imagine?! I was the girl who always had oily skin and when these face oils became all the rage I was hesitant to try them. But, when I eventually jumped in and tested it, I became hooked instantly to the point of using one during the day and one at night. I use this product by either layering it underneath a moisturizer or just on its own on a day I do not wear any makeup.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate: After I cleanse my face at night I immediately put this serum on. The blends of oils including Lavender, Evening Primrose, and Squalene smell delish, but soaking it into your skin overnight will leave you waking up feeling refreshed and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum: I have never had a blemish-free complexion so when I heard about this serum I knew I had to try. I picked this up at Whole Foods in their Beauty Department and upon the first use, I knew that dabbing toothpaste on my pimples at night became a thing of the past. This serum helps reduce inflammation, swelling, and virtually zaps blemishes away with a few drops overnight. Run, don’t walk for this one!