Ready Regimen: Jasmina
I’ve always taken care of my skin and followed the basic rules, such as wearing SPF and never going to sleep with makeup on. Those were the skincare rules that my mom instilled in me. Simplicity was always key in my skincare routine: a little cleanse, some moisturizer, and exfoliation from time to time and I was good to go. It wasn’t until I had my daughter 2 years ago that all hell broke loose (literally).
A little intro to my skin type: I have dry skin with the occasional hormonal breakout. I’ve never suffered from hormonal breakouts until I gave birth, and all of the sudden it was a constant in my life and I had to get a handle on controlling them. My skincare regimen is not as simple as it used to be but it works for me. Here are some of my favorite products:
When wearing makeup, I always make sure that every bit of my makeup is off my face. To achieve that I use 3 products. Cleansing is my favorite way to end my day. I really enjoy taking 10 minutes to myself to really clean my face.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O: This is by far my favorite micellar water. I add a little to cotton pads hold it over my eye lids for 10-15 seconds and wipe away. It's fantastic at removing eye makeup and it even removes waterproof mascara
- Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm: I use this to remove the remainder of my makeup. The balm turns into an oil which gently breaks down all the makeup. I use my Eve Lom muslin cloths to gently remove the cleanser and the makeup with it.
- As my final cleanse I use a cult favorite: the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. This was recommended to me by Kate and immediately, it was love at first cleanse. It’s gentle and doesn’t leave my face stripped and dry.
There are a few different exfoliators that I use to help dissolve dead skin cells and help skin turn over.
- Pixi Glow Tonic: This is formulated with 5% glycolic acid and the name doesn’t lie. It definitely leaves a glow. It brightens, tones, and exfoliates. I tend to use this in the morning after cleansing on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. I recently placed an order for The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Solution and I can’t wait to see how that compares to the Pixi
- Sunday Riley Good Genes: Definitely a stand out product. Formulated with lactic acid which exfoliates dead skin cells and leaves the skin looking plump and smooth. I use this at night in conjunction which Sunday Riley Luna Oil, a face oil that combines a gentle retinol ester with blue tansy to help relieve inflammation. The two paired together are a match made in heaven.
I already knew what I needed to treat but it took a while to find something that works. I tend to switch these products out a lot but these are my stand-outs:
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and B-Hydra Intensive Hydration: Incorporating a Vitamin C serum in my skincare routine was definitely something my skin was missing. Vitamin C helps to keep my skin looking radiant and combats hyperpigmentation, which I do struggle with. The B-Hydra contains pro-vitamin B5, pineapple ceramide, bearberry extract, and a watermelon rind, apple, and lentil complex, which all work to hydrate the skin. This gives my skin the morning boost it yearns for when I wake up. Together, these products are fantastic. I’m not a fan of the B-Hydra by itself but definitely a show stopper once mixed with the C-Firma.
- Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil: At first I wasn’t quite sure how to use it but once I figured it out, it quickly became a favorite. This is a retinoid product so I only really use this at night. It smooth’s fine lines and I have this little guy to thank for reducing the texture on my skin. Paired with the SR Good Genes- I wake up with a good skin day, every day.
- Adapalene Cream 0.1%: This is the generic to Differin, which is now sold OTC. I received this from my dermatologist and use it exclusively on my chin where my hormonal breakouts happen. I did notice that, with regular use, it helps keep my breakouts at bay and helps reduce current ones quicker. I personally prefer the cream over the gel.
- Sunday Riley UFO Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil: I only recently tried this and fell in love. It’s formulated with salicylic acid and it definitely packs a punch. The first night I used this I noticed a difference. I woke up with clearer skin and not a white head in sight. It’s a drier oil so I always add a moisturizer on top. I received a sample of this but will definitely be purchasing the big guy.
Moisturizers and hydration boosters are definitely something I hoard. I never feel like I have enough and always need more. A girl can never have too many!
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense: This cream-gel formula seeps into the skin like a dream! It keeps my skin plump and hydrated throughout the day and it’s beautiful under makeup.
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil: I use this guy everywhere. This is a great product to hydrate your hair, cuticles or face. Ive used it on all 3 and even my shoulders after a recent sun-burn. Great multi-purpose product.
- Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil: This is magic in a bottle if you ask me. It has antioxidants, vitamins, omegas, everything your skin needs. I’ll use this guy either alone or mixed in with other moisturizers but either way he’s magic. It doesn’t leave the skin feeling oily but definitely leaves it feeling hydrated. I sometimes mix it with my foundation which leaves my skin looking healthy and glowy.
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre: This is one of my go-to’s. I’ve been using it for years! It glides onto the skin beautifully and sinks in like a dream. It’s a makeup artists’ go-to and I can see why. When I want an extra glow or boost of hydration, I mix it with an oil. Definitely staple in my collection. I ALWAYS have a backup.